No material has earned its keep on the downhill circuit like our M5 aluminum. The reasons for this are stacking, but primarily, it can all be summed up by stiffness, light overall weight, and strength. That's why you'll find that our Demo 8 I was constructed from it. Not only that, but it also features a 1.5-inch forged head tube to enhance most of these qualities. As for the ride, the Demo 8 pairs our S3 Geometry with an asymmetric frame design that ensures plenty of access, a roomy top tube for added control, ultra-short, nimble chainstays, a low bottom bracket that keeps you feeling planted, and a slack front end that provides the utmost in responsive handling at speed. For suspension, this Demo features 200mm up front via a RockShox BoXXer RC 650b and 200mm of travel at the rear controlled by a custom-tuned FOX VAN RC. Together, the combo ensures that you'll be able to rocket over any terrain with confidence. And when you add in a build kit consisting of SRAM's powerful Guide brakes, a durable one-by SRAM drivetrain, and our legendary Butcher & Slaughter DH tires, you get a bike that wants nothing more than to be pushed harder and faster.
- M5 alloy construction works in tandem with our S3 Geometry, an asymmetric frame design, and a 1.5” forged head tube to create the ultimate race machine. The design is relatively compact in order increase maneuverability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride. And to fill out all of the details that make the difference on race day, we’ve included an ISCG ‘05 mount for chain guides and a rear derailleur protector to keep you shifting smoothly through rock gardens and unexpected strikes.
- Custom FOX Van RC rear shock features 200mm of coil-sprung travel and three easily adjustable stages of sensitivity, from small bump to full motor. It's also received our custom shock tune to ensure maximum performance over both small bumps and big hits alike.
- RockShox BoXXer RC 650b fork is purposefully designed for the most demanding terrain on earth. With 200mm of travel, Motion Control IS damping for maximum efficiency, and Power Buldge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it'll leave you with nothing but confidence.
- 650bx2.5" Butcher DH tire at the front has prominent shoulder knobs that ravenously grip in any condition, while the center tread is low for minimal rolling resistance. Meanwhile, we positioned a 650bx2.3" Slaughter DH at the rear for its aggressive tread, stiff sidewall, and tacky grip—ensuring maximum traction and protection through any terrain.
- A Specialized 6061 alloy seatpost is tough, strong, and features a 0mm setback for the perfect position on the descents.
FRAME | Asymmetric M5 manipulated alloy, S3 Geometry, 200mm travel, 1.5" forged head tube, 135mm rear spacing, compact race design, ISCG '05 mount, cartridge bearing rear shock mount, rear derailleur protector
REAR SHOCK | Custom FOX VAN RC, coil w/ piggy back, compression and rebound adjust, 8.75x2.75", XS: 350, S: 400, M: 450, L: 500
FORK | RockShox BoXXer RC 650b, S: Extra soft spring, M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm of travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH
HEADSET | 1-1/2", semi-integrated for 1-1/8" steerer, cartridge bearings
STEM | Specialized P.Series, direct mount, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 45mm
HANDLEBARS | Specialized Demo, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm
GRIPS | Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
FRONT BRAKE | SRAM Guide, metallic pads, 200mm rotor
REAR BRAKE | SRAM Guide, metallic pads, 180mm rotor
BRAKE LEVERS | SRAM DB5, hydraulic, custom reach adjust
REAR DERAILLEUR | SRAM GX Type 2.1, 10-speed, short cage
SHIFT LEVERS | SRAM X7, 10-speed, w/ Matchmaker clamp
CASSETTE | SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-25t, 3 cogs removed
CHAIN | SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed, w/ PowerLink, nickel finish
CRANKSET | Custom SRAM Descendant, BB30, 7050 alloy arms, thin 36T ring, w/ Gamut bashguard
BOTTOM BRACKET | SRAM BB30, 83mm
PEDALS | Specialized Bennies, 6061 alloy body, sealed cartridge bearings, 4.5mm removable pins
RIMS | Roval 650b, alloy, 24mm inner width, 32h
FRONT HUB | Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 32h
REAR HUB | Specialized disc, 12x135mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings, 32h
SPOKES | DT Swiss Industry, stainless
FRONT TYRE | Specialized Butcher DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.5"
REAR TYRE | Specialized Slaughter DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.3"
INNER TUBES | Standard, Presta valve
SADDLE | Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
SEATPOST | Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 0mm setback, 30.9mm
SEAT BINDER | Specialized, 7050 alloy, single bolt, 34.9mm
We combine passion, knowledge & expertise.
Find out more
Packages & Finance
Own this bike for as little as $0 per week or we can create a custom package just for you!
Find out more
Jet Cycles can correctly fit your bike for increased comfort, efficiency and pain relief!
Find out more